使用不可數名詞/How to use uncountable nouns

不可數名詞, 像是:
GarbageFurnitureEquipmentInformationAdviceMoneyResearchNewsLuggageSceneryArchitecture等等。

這些都是不可數名詞,不可數名詞前面是能不加冠詞或所有格的~
I see garbage on the street.
我看到街上有垃圾。 (Garbage是不可數名詞, 前面不須有冠詞或所有格)
當你加冠詞:
I see a garbage on the street(不正確)
I see the garbage on the street.(用"The"表示聽眾知道你在講哪些垃圾)
I don't see much garbage on the street.
我在街上沒看到太多的垃圾。("Much"只能用在不可數名詞,而且多數用在像這句否定句或是問問題"How much....?")
如何表達我看到街上有一件/好幾件垃圾?給它單位:
I see a piece of garbage on the street.
I see many pieces of garbage on the street.
"Lots of" 或是 "a lot of" 則不須單位, 它們也都能用在可數與不可數名詞~
I see lots of garbage on the street.
我看到街上有很多件垃圾。
I see a lot of garbage on the street.
我看到街上有很多件垃圾。
I see little garbage on the street.
我看到街上幾乎無垃圾。(可數名詞則用"few", "little"大部份只能用在不可數名詞)
I see a little garbage on the street.
我看到街上有幾件垃圾。(可數名詞則用"a few", "a little"大部份只能用在不可數名詞, "little""a little"更少)
"Little"這個字,除了用在不可數名詞外, 也能放在可數名詞前, 但就不是來形容一些些的,而是形容人事物"很小一個":
He is a little kid.
他是個個子很小的小孩。

I see some garbage on the street.
我看到街上有些垃圾。("Some"能用在可數與不可數名詞, "some"用在不可數名詞是不用接單位的)

Furniture做練習:

We have little furniture in the house.
我們家裡幾乎沒有家具。
We have a little furniture in the house.
我家裡有少許的家具。
We don't have much furniture in the house.
我家裡沒有太多家具。
We have some furniture in the house.
我家裡有一些的家具。
We need to buy lots of furniture. 或是 We need to buy a lot of furniture.
我們需要買很多家具。
I already have plenty of furniture.
我已有足夠的家具。
Furniture的單位:
I need you to help me move 3 pieces of furniture.
我需要你幫我搬三件家具。

We have various furniture sets for you to choose from.
我們有個各式各樣的家具套裝讓你選。

EquipmentInformationAdviseNews等等也跟Furniture 一樣能用Pieces來做單位:

I received several pieces of information from the brief.
我從簡報中得到幾件資訊。
I received some information from the brief.
我從簡報中得到一些資訊。
Tom gave Molly many pieces of good advise.
Tom給Molly許多好建議。等於:
Tom gave Molly lots of good advise.("lots of""a lot of"不須接單位)
Tom gave Molly a lot of good advise.
This is bad news.
這是個壞消息。
I have three pieces of good news for you.
我有三則好消息要給你。
How many pieces of luggage can I check in?
我能拖運幾個行李?(Check in有很多意思, 住hotel時,check in 是入住的意思, 飛機的check in是登機, 活動的check in是報到, 行李的check in是托運)

不可數名詞SceneryArchitecture可以用"Types"做單位:

There is a lot of great scenery in Taiwan或是There is lots of great scenery in Taiwan.
台灣有許多好風景的意思。

I saw many types of scenery when I was in Yangminshan.
我在陽明山時, 看到許多種風景。

There is lots of modern architecture in Taichung. 或是 There is a lot of modern architecture in Taichung.
台中有許多現代建築。

There are many types of architecture in the area.
這區有許多種建築。
There are four buildings next to my house.
有4棟建築在我家旁。(這裡說到"幾棟", 我們就用"Building"代替"Architecture")

MoneyResearch等等,一般是沒有單位的:

Tom has little money to pay for the rent.
Tom沒有錢付租金。
Tom has a little money to pay for the rent.
Tom還有足夠的錢附租金。(這個情況little 與 a little差很多)
Mary has plenty of money to buy the house.
Mary有充分足夠的錢買這房子。
Our team has been doing countless research in order to come up with a great product.
為要想出一個很好的產品,我們團隊一直在做無數的研究。
How much research have you been doing?
你已做了多少研究?(這裡"much"是用在問問題)
We have 3 research projects right now.
我們現在有三個研究方案。   

"Bread"一般是不可數,可以用"Pieces""Slices""Loaves"做單位,但當我們指包括不同種類的麵包時,它是可數的:

I had bread for breakfast.
我早餐吃了麵包。
I had a piece of bread.
我吃了一小片麵包。
I had a slice of bread.
我吃了一片麵包。(ㄧ整片)
The baker made five loaves of bread.
烘培師做了五條麵包。
The list of famous breads in the world.
世界知名麵包名單。(因名單包含不同種類的麵包,"Breads"可數復數是ok的)

"Culture"如果指的是某個國家的生活方式、信仰或是社會上的文化,它是不可數的。

Taiwanese culture is still different from Chinese Culture.
台灣文化與中國文化還是不同的。

"Culture"如是指在某個組織或團體的態度或信仰, 是可數的。

This is a company culture that we witnessed.
這是我們所見證到的一個公司文化。(因可數,加冠詞"a")

"Development"如果指的是某種事物的成長茁壯是不可數的。

The City development is focused on the urban area.
城市發展是專注在市區。

"Development"如果指的是新事件或是一個皆段很有可會是持續性的狀況時,它是可數的。

These are the up-to-date developments in the war between the two countries.
這是這兩個國家之間戰爭的最新發展。

0 Comment(s)

Leave a Comment

Login to leave Comment